Funding for Researcher-led proposals under the NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research Programme, addressing research to improve the quality, effectiveness and accessibility of services within the NHS.
- Funding body:National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- Maximum value:Discretionary
- Application deadline:07/09/2017
Researchers in all constituent UK nations may submit applications to this researcher-led workstream.
(The researcher-led HS&DR workstream differs in this regard from HS&DR Commissioned Calls, which do not accept applications from researchers in Scotland).
Terms and Conditions
Assessment criteria include:
- The importance of the research to the requirements of the NHS and delivery of health services.
- The scientific quality of proposals.
- The feasibility of the study.
- The team skill mix, experience, project management and infrastructure for success.
- Whether the costs of the research are realistic and value for money.
The Researcher-led funding stream of the HS&DR Programme operates three application deadlines each year. Applicants will initially submit an outline proposal, unless the application relates to a proposal to undertake evidence synthesis.
For the next round, full (for evidence synthesis proposals) and outline (for primary research) applications have to be made via the NETSCC Management Information System (MIS), by the deadline of 7 September 2017
Useful documents & links
- Full Application Guidance Notes
Full Specification Document
- Outline Application Guidance Notes
- Outline Specification Document
- National Institute for Health Research
- NIHR HS&DR Programme Researcher-led Workstream