The aim of the Biomedical Catalyst is to support the development of innovative healthcare products, technologies and processes. These can include (but are not limited to):
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions;
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes; and
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures.
The Biomedical Catalyst has four funding strands to support progression of projects from initial concept through to late stage development:
- Early stage
- Late stage
The aim of this competition is to enable companies to create a data package that can support the subsequent testing of products or carry out evaluations in a clinical setting or other relevant environment.Projects must focus on the development of a product or process that is an innovative solution to a health and care challenge.
- Support is available for any life science sector or discipline, including (but not limited to):
- This competition combines the early and late stage strands. IUK is also running a combined,feasibility and primer award competition.
- medical technologies and devices;
- stratified healthcare;
- advanced therapies (gene and cell therapies);
- digital health;
- drug discovery;
IUK will fund early stage projects carrying out feasibility studies or industrial research, and late stage projects carrying out industrial research in this strand.
Deadline: 3rd April 2019 at 12:00pm
Those requiring more information should contact the competition helpline on 0300 321 4357 or email email@example.com
Biomedical Catalyst 2019 Round 1: Early and Late Stage Awards
Innovate UK (IUK)